Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Floor Plan

http://www.floorplanner.com/projects/27966361-my-classroom/edit#assets



My floor plan for my classroom includes two rooms. One room will be used during instructional class time while learning new material, taking tests and quizzes, and when completing worksheets given. The second room will be used for interactive purposes. This is where activities will be used and where labs will be practiced so that students will be able to enhance their learning through visual concepts.

The reason I split my classroom into two separate rooms is so that the children will have more of a chance to move around within the rooms and so that learning can be more fun.  Inside of the instructional room, there are long desks around the room so that I will be able to see each of the students equally. With the classroom in this position, I feel like the students will get a sense of personalized learning because I will be able to see what they do and guide them through assignments easier with this structure. My desk sits at the front of the classroom where there are also white boards so that I may teach new material.

The interactive lab is where science experiments, reading time, computer research, etc. will be done in class. Here, students will be able to use visual aids more frequently, which should increase their understanding of the curricula. I believe that this second room will make a huge difference in their learning because it is a form of active learning that forces them to get more involved and engaged in the lesson. This way, students will not only be able to recall facts, but they will also be able to demonstrate techniques as well.

 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the two room idea. I am thinking that this may be very beneficial to students who may get easily distracted if there is too much going on in one room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete